Welcome to the Treehouse! We are a post-potter sandbox rpg that spans the entire magical world, but focuses on four of the major magic schools from Harry Potter canon: Beauxbatons, Hogwarts, Durmstrang, and Ilvermorny. Now, two decades after the Second Wizarding War, the muggle and magical worlds are on the brink of becoming one. Will this spark a third war, or will the peaceful climate be maintained? Join us to find out! The current year is 2020.
The Treehouse Spotlight!
THE TREEHOUSE SPOTLIGHT FOR JANUARY IS LYSANDER SCAMANDER! Although Lysander is a twin, he does enough to stand out on his own and earn the Treehouse Spotlight. Mr. Scamander is eccentric, loyal, a Hufflepuff to the core. Although anyone could be jealous of his good looks and killer hair, he is currently navigating his romantic life recently with Raikou. This had been eventful year for him with Virus A, so we only hope that he finds his grounding and success in 2021. Congrats to both Lysander and his writer, Kean!

Latest Shouts In The Shoutbox -- View The Shoutbox · Rules   

Pages: (2) 1 2  ( Go to first unread post )
Add Reply
New Poll

Can You Devour My Doubt?, tag; Dastan
Dastan Roshan
 Posted: Dec 6 2017, 12:24 AM
{♥} & Witch
31 posts
0 points
Ilvermorny | Staff
I'm with the Coalescion
Kean
Compassionate l, Adventurous, l Clumsy, l Insecure
Transfig | Pukwudgie HoH
❝courage is not the absence of fear, it is acting in spite of it.❞

Concerned, Dastan had been genuinely concerned. His skin had to of paled ten times over and where he hadnt expected her to embrace him, Dastan also hadnt expected her to be so cold and give a 'Learn your Lesson then?' Jokes were all well and fine but to have been so worried her to be so blase made him feel some type of way. Did it just....nt effect her that shed tricked him into thinking she was drowning? Dastan let her go and he gave her asmall slow frown. Did he learn a lesson? That she didnt like joking around perhaps, but maybe the issue was he'd simply tried to be too open and too much himself right away. He had a tendency to do that.

Instead of respond to the question which was likely not to have a good answer or outcome he skipped over it. There was still a bounty of food to eat and another half of their date to be had. He'd just....reel it in and see if that made for better changes. "Come on." He let her go, looked her over just to be sure theres werent any bumps or bruising- "Lets get something to eat." He turned and walked off to the Kayak, grabbed a towl first and tossed it her way before grabbing the basket off the Kayak to stat prepping their food.
PM
^
Meika Kätzchen
 Posted: Dec 7 2017, 08:00 PM
Animagus & Witch
60 posts
0 points
Magical Adult
I'm with the Indifferent
Tazzie
Guarded | Persistent | Resourceful | Protective | Vengeful | Distrusting
Ballycastle Bats Beater
❝Ignore the scars and fuck being the victim❞

Meika couldn't help but notice Dastan's frown. Why was he upset? Because of the water? What she said? That she didn't hug him back? She didn't know, and he didn't say, and so when he moved on, she followed suit. She wasn't a mind reader, and if he wasn't going to talk about it, clearly he didn't want to. So why should she push him.

He let go of her, and she acted as if he hadn't just been holding her for however long he was. She caught the towel he tossed to her and set it on the tree next to her while she took off her vest and set it by the tree. Dressed only in her bikini, she began drying herself off. "I think we've worked up an appetite," she acknowledged as she followed him to the kayaks and helped with getting things pulled out. "So what can I do to help?" she asked, bringing the basket from her kayak over to him, towel hanging loosely over her shoulders.

@Dastan Roshan
PM
^
Dastan Roshan
 Posted: Dec 13 2017, 12:26 AM
{♥} & Witch
31 posts
0 points
Ilvermorny | Staff
I'm with the Coalescion
Kean
Transfig | Pukwudgie HoH

It helped that Meika hadnt made things more awkward. At least when Dastan was ready to keep things moving she'd easily gone with it. Good. They might be ok after all. "For as long as we've paddled I'd hope so." Dastan was starving. It was definitely time to get to eating.

With the basket in hand he walked it over to a tree log and plopped it down, waved MEika over and pulled out a water bottle and Gatorade. "Ladies choice." But since she'd asked what she could help with and did come off as someone that liked to be of use and not just catered to, Dastan took a moment to try and think of something. "Would you put up a bug repelling spell? I love nature....just not when it flies into my food or bites my nip." That'd happened before....itchy nipples was AWEFUL. Also, he might of over been him again. Hm... he also made himself a bit self conscious and so he shuffled around until he found his dry shirt and tossed it on. Dry clothes were such a delight after getting out of the water. "So what have you been up to since I saw you last?"
PM
^
Meika Kätzchen
 Posted: Dec 16 2017, 11:11 PM
Animagus & Witch
60 posts
0 points
Magical Adult
I'm with the Indifferent
Tazzie
Ballycastle Bats Beater

[NC]

A small smirk pulled at her lips, "I think we both could have gone a bit longer," she said. She watched him dive time and again looking for her. He certainly had the stamina, "But it's probably for the best that we aren't dashing for our meals after working up too much of an appetite,"[/b] she said, knowing how it feels to lose tract of time while being active and only realizing how hungry she was when she finally bothered to stop.

Taking the water, she opened it and took a big gulp before sitting it down when he asked her to put up a repellent charm. Pulling out her wand, she walked around the area as she started to cast the charm. When she returned, she nodded, "I'm with you on the bugs. They don't act logically, merely in instinct. At least with creatures like snakes, if you don't step on a snake, they've got no reason to bite you," she explained. Picking up her clothing, she moved behind the tree and pulled off her wet bikini, tossing it over the branch to dry before pulling on her dry clothing and then returning to Dastan, "Need anything else?" she asked.

@Dastan Roshan
PM
^
Dastan Roshan
 Posted: Dec 22 2017, 03:30 PM
{♥} & Witch
31 posts
0 points
Ilvermorny | Staff
I'm with the Coalescion
Kean
Transfig | Pukwudgie HoH

Dastan gave her a long smile at her tiny little smirk. She really should do it more. "Physically I'm sure we could." But Dastan patted his belly. "Not sure this guy could though."Like his stomach was its own living entity entirely. "Dashing for my meal might get me frowned at." He smirked back. "But I certainly plan to power walk to it."

Grabbing his own water Dastan happily sipped at hos own water too. He'd have to add chap-stick on before they left again too. The sun water were rough on the body. "Says you, They can strike out in fear too so be careful even if you dont step on one." But she skipped over a few of the things he said and he wasnt sure if she hadnt heard him or it was one of those things she just didnt want to talk about. Hmm. "Nope thats it thanks." He'd leave it be. For now he just rummage in the basket to help himself to food.

@Meika Kätzchen
PM
^
Meika Kätzchen
 Posted: Dec 24 2017, 10:48 PM
Animagus & Witch
60 posts
0 points
Magical Adult
I'm with the Indifferent
Tazzie
Ballycastle Bats Beater

Despite her best efforts, Meika chuckled as Dastan talked about his stomach, once again reminding her of Jaymi and Kasper. They both had a way of thawing the ice around her, and somehow Dastan seemed to have that same power. It was unnerving that someone so new could get under her skin so easily, no matter her defenses. It distracted her, made her miss things that he'd said as she tried to reinforce his walls. Sure, Jaymi was the one that found this guy, but how much could her brother really have known about this guy? It all just felt like a trap waiting to ensnare her and remind her of the screwed up world they lived in, "Sounds like you know your body pretty well, have you named it as well?" she asked, realizing after she said it that she'd been pulled into the humor of it all. Dammit. She was getting comfortable...showing more of herself. The alarms were going off in her head as they prepared their meals.

"Anyone would strike out in fear," she said without hesitation. Even if Dastan was getting past some of her walls, she felt no different than a snake, and snakes don't shed their skin so easily. Neither could Meika. Without more work to do, she sat and pulled up the basket to see what food she could find inside, "So what do you have planned after all of this? Back to work?" she asked to fill the silence more than actual curiosity.

@Dastan Roshan

[NC]
PM
^
Dastan Roshan
 Posted: Jan 4 2018, 01:16 PM
{♥} & Witch
31 posts
0 points
Ilvermorny | Staff
I'm with the Coalescion
Kean
Transfig | Pukwudgie HoH

Was she teasing him back? It seemed like it, and that made him smile. Maybe there was hope fir this date after all. He'd been worried when she'd hid on him and scolded him after. "He gets Hangry." As for a name Dastan gave a big slow smirk. "Big Ben." Which he'd totally just made up but his belly rumbled at the end which only made him laugh at himself. "I think he likes the name."

Seemed like things were getting intense fairly quickly again. One minute Meika seemed to be easy going and joking and the next she was ridged and had that chastising quality about her again. "I suppose so..." He said gently, unsure of the right response. "After we finish up heres another stretch of rappids but it breaks off to calm waters and heads into Wizarding territory. Theres a really pretty part of all of this I'd ike you to see, and then maybe some wizarding chess at the lodge with tea or coffee before we go our separate ways. I dont have to head back to work until the breaks over. For now I'll likely visit my dad in New-York and then check on my Pup back home and take him with me before Winter break. When do you head back to work?"

@[MEIKA KÄTZCHEN]
PM
^
Meika Kätzchen
 Posted: Jan 10 2018, 07:40 PM
Animagus & Witch
60 posts
0 points
Magical Adult
I'm with the Indifferent
Tazzie
Ballycastle Bats Beater

[NC]

Meika rolled her eyes, "Because he always tells you when it's time to eat?" she asked teasingly of his name for his stomach. It was all so silly, and it felt like a conversation she could have with those she was closest to. How infuriating. Did Jaymi give him hints or something? Someone had to be giving Dastan clues. He knew too much. Sure, she wasn;'t the leader of the Southside Serpents or some gang like that, but she kept secrets like a gang leader for the sake of protection. If someone was betraying her confidences, that was something that would need to be addressed.

She left the conversation about snakes aside. Dastan got her point, or at least seemed to. Instead she ate as she listened to his plan. "You've certainly planed this all out, and you've peaked my interest about this thing you want to show me," she said, thinking about her own plans after all this. "Enjoy New York," she said, ignoring the bit about his father, "So what's your dog up to while we're here?" she asked curiously. She didn't have a pet because she was traveling so often, it didn't seem right. Still dogs were loyal creatures that she favored, so she couldn't help asking about his dog. Finishing her food, she cleaned up as she answered him, "Practice starts back up in two days, they don't really encourage too long of breaks." she said, though really it was her own regime that kept her practicing. When Jaymi and Kasper weren't home, she filled her time with work, whether alone or with a team mate she hadn't scared off from extra practice yet.

Dusting off her hands after cleaning things up and packing things away, she folded the towel and put it with her folded dry clothes and the basket; attaching it to her kayak. "So, you ready for more?" she asked, actually excited to get back on the water.

@Dastan Roshan
PM
^
Dastan Roshan
 Posted: Jan 10 2018, 10:20 PM
{♥} & Witch
31 posts
0 points
Ilvermorny | Staff
I'm with the Coalescion
Kean
Transfig | Pukwudgie HoH

"He sure does. He gets all...grrr, and demanding If I dont feed him when he wants." But soon, he was 'quieting the beast' as he'd told Meika before going to town on a grilled chicken salad, watermelon, trailmix, and another full water bottle. When they got to the Cabi later, he was sooo gonna have to pee.

Finishing up his meal and packing it away as they spoke, Dastan suddenly got a little unsure and a small blush crept into his cheeks. "Uh...yeah. IS that a bad thing?" He hadnt dated alot they'd talked about that, but he wasnt sure if Meika liked that he planned it or if she'd of preferred that they just kind of winged it. His thought had been to try and show her a good time, to put effort into making a full day of it but maybe she found it too structured? He didnt know.

"Oh uh thanks." He'd skip to the next topic as he fought the insecurities away. "New Yorks pretty fun. I dont think I could live there myself but its definitely worth a visit. You ever been?" Then she was asking about his pup and he lit up. He lved his furbaby. "Journey is the dog that would go on adventures with me, but I'm not sure where you stand with critters, so he's home. And When I'm not there a friend of mine rents the place out. He gets to have a bachelor pad and my pup gets looked after. It's win-win."

Two days? Dastan was getting his Kayak back in the water at this point but paused. "That really is a short break." It also meant seeing her soon was likely out. Hm.. "Ahhh I'm always ready." He smirked. "But it seems I've created another Kayak addict."
PM
^
Meika Kätzchen
 Posted: Jan 10 2018, 10:37 PM
Animagus & Witch
60 posts
0 points
Magical Adult
I'm with the Indifferent
Tazzie
Ballycastle Bats Beater

Shaking her head as a small smirk played on her lips, she let the discussion of Big Ben fall as they both began to eat. She needed the quiet time to fortify her walls anyways. The more he got in, the more she felt it was a trap that she was being manipulated into, and dammit she was stronger than that!

At his question, she looked over at him for a moment, "Why would it be a bad thing? You have a plan, it's not a bomb. I'm sure if something caught your attention, you'd deviate from the plan, but a general idea is rarely a bad thing," she said with a shrug of her shoulders, "Though that's just my opinion," she added, thinking how she'd planned things out with Kasper picking Jaymi up and how he'd gotten the plan mixed up and she'd nearly hexed him because of it. Yeah...plans were good, as long they left a little breathing room too.

"I had a game in Watertown once, which I've been told isn't far from New York City, but I haven't been to the city," she explained. For all the traveling she did for the Quidditch team, she really didn't enjoy it properly, or at least that's what she'd been told by a few people. New York wasn't as interesting as a dog though, so she moved on, "Dogs are always welcome," she said casually, though a part of her wanted to meet Journey, even though a part of her mind screamed it was just another manipulative tactic.

Meika nodded, "It is, but I want to make it to the World cup, so we can't laze about," she explained as if it should have been obvious. Still, quidditich could wait for now as she eased her kayak back into the water with a smile, though Dastan's words caught her attention and the smile faltered, "Another? How many have you taken on a trip like this?" she asked, forgetting the fact that he'd told her that he didn't have much experience dating as her mind built up this story about Dastan taking women on kayaking trips to lure them into whatever plans he really had for them. A shiver ran up her spine at the idea as she got into her kayak, keeping a little more distance between them than before.

@Dastan Roshan
PM
^
Dastan Roshan
 Posted: Jan 11 2018, 11:58 PM
{♥} & Witch
31 posts
0 points
Ilvermorny | Staff
I'm with the Coalescion
Kean
Transfig | Pukwudgie HoH

Getting the kayak into the water Dastan hopped in. "No, but I'm not sure..whats considered too much planning and whats not enough." He admitted. He left out the thought of wanting to show that he was trying to put in effort. Meika seemed like a nice woman, but he also couldnt figure her out. It made him want t hesitate here and there with what he might wanna say. "Well yeah, if we ended up seeing something interesting along the way of course we'd go check it out and its not like we have to be back by a certain time." But her words of saying it was rarely a bad thing in her in opinion made him smile. "Noted."

She'd never been to the city? "Hmmm Muggle transportation wise it coses in on 6 hours? But you could take a broom in half that." He canted his head at her as he readied the paddle. "And you went with your team I'm assuming. I'm sure someone of them wanted to check out the city. Home come you didnt go?"

When it came to dogs being welcome Dastan perked. "Good to know, I'll have to bring him on our next adventure. You should see him surf, its actually sickeningly adorkable."

He did have t tease her though. "Uh huh...more then two taze off work...SCANDAL!" The paddle left on the KAyak as he brought his hands up Home alone status to plop on his face in mock shock.

Then he blew. Foot in mouth. "Not thats not-" But she was in the water now too and giving him wide berth. "Hey I just meant..." Was it her or was it him? He really didnt know. "Ya know...like me."

#Awkwardsilence
PM
^
Meika Kätzchen
 Posted: Jan 12 2018, 12:14 AM
Animagus & Witch
60 posts
0 points
Magical Adult
I'm with the Indifferent
Tazzie
Ballycastle Bats Beater

Honestly, she couldn't keep from laughing a little, "And I thought I over analyzed thing," she said with a hint of the humor she felt as she shook her head. Damn bastard, a part of her wanted to let down her guard around him, but the rest of her screamed that he was lulling her into sense of comfort, and then what would he do? Really, if it really came down to it, Meika could handle herself, but dammit, why even give them a chance?

She shrugged, "Half the team went to the city, but it's just not for me," she said. She lived on an island for a reason. She could maintain control over those that she is around. In a city like New York, you could be self-aware all you want and someone could still find an opening to strike. Meika just didn't see it as a fun time. "Cities aren't for everyone," she added instead of being honest and giving him more information about herself. He didn't need to know that she didn't prefer being in crowds like the city brought.

"Our next adventure, huh?" she asked with a raise of her eyebrow, "Sounds like a surfing trip is in order," she added, as if he wasn't already having a case of the yo yos as she spoke. But surfing dog...how can she resist? Even if it does mean another set up with Dastan. Ah, the alarms were going off in her head already.

With a roll of her eyes, she got comfortable in the kayak, "Yeah yeah, as if I don't hear that enough from my brother," she retorted before moving on. It was a broken record that wasn't going to change anything, "You mock and I'll see you at the world cup," she added in a quick quip.

She considered his stumbling words, and though she didn't relax her guard, she paddled a little closer to him, "Oh, I misunderstood, sorry" she admitted though she didn't go deeper than that. "Lead the way," she said, trying to move on and maybe a little bit of her wanted this to be over. It was exhausting feeling like she was walking through a field of mines, tense as she prepared for things to blow up.

@Dastan Roshan
PM
^
Dastan Roshan
 Posted: Jan 14 2018, 07:52 PM
{♥} & Witch
31 posts
0 points
Ilvermorny | Staff
I'm with the Coalescion
Kean
Transfig | Pukwudgie HoH

An awkward smile hung on Dastans lips. "It isnt something I can turn off unfortunately. I wish I could.." He knew he over analyzed, he couldnt help it and she made it all worse. He second guessed himself, and he second guess her because she seemed to question herself. IT was a bad cycle. He want sure how to fix it.

"New York is a fun place to experience. I'm biased admittedly. I like to travel and love to see a little bit of everywhere. Granted. City living isnt for me either. It's why I have a lake house." Visit a city? Yes, they were never boring. Live there? Hell no, he was a nature man and he rather hang out in a hammock then a limo. "No they arnt."

Oops she was raising her brow at him. What'd he say now? Did he sound presumptuous? Eh...."If you'd like to, yeah." Was that better? Hopefully. Oh....good she agreed to it. He did question how enthusiastic she was about it but hey.....one step at a time. "Fair warning. Journey is going to try and be your best friend, and he doesnt believe in personal space." He snorted. "He's a goober of a fuzz ball."

Taking a light paddle out Dastan tilted his head. "Is that an invitation? I mean, if you ant me to come watch you play I will." He teased.

Things were tense then though. In all of Dastans walking on eggshells he definitely squished a few. Even as she came closer and gave apology he couldnt shake things just....felt a little off again.
PM
^
Meika Kätzchen
 Posted: Yesterday at 11:19 pm
Animagus & Witch
60 posts
0 points
Magical Adult
I'm with the Indifferent
Tazzie
Ballycastle Bats Beater

"No one said to turn it off," she said bluntly. She only made an observation, and he seemed to be either offended by it or maybe hurt. She couldn't quite read him, which didn't help with her anxiety about him. She didn't trust her instincts that said he was safe. Still, he hadn't done anything to warrant cruelty from her, so she was doing her best to not be mean in her efforts to protect herself. Maybe she wasn't doing as fine a job at that.

Meika nodded, "No complaints about traveling, just not a fan of places like New York City. Just a cesspool of people doing whatever they want without a care to how it hurts others," she said sharply. Why would she want to put herself into that situation just to see some building or concert? Not worth it.

Now tolerating another date to see this surfing dog, that was worth it. She could even pick the beach one make sure there wouldn't be anyone else there. She smirked at his warning, "I assure you that won't be a cause for concern," she said, "I like dogs," she said, one of the first few simply honest and positive facts she's probably given Dastan. "I may have to borrow him when I want some furry time," she added, without giving away to whether she was teasing or not.

Meika shrugged, "If you want to watch me play, I won't stop you," she said. It's not like she could stop him. "At least you'd see that my practice pays off." she added confidently.

They moved through the water and she could tell that things were awkward still. A part of her felt bad. Once again, he really hadn't done anything wrong. Even as the cynical voice in her head chimed that this could all be some ploy to lull her into submission, she picked up her paddle and splashed Dastan. "Oh, sorry about that," she said, not even feigning innocence as she lifted her paddle to splash him again.

@Dastan Roshan
PM
^

Topic Options
Pages: (2) 1 2 
Add Reply
New Poll

Affiliates [ View All | Link-us ]
RPG-Directory Top RP Sites The Beginning Shadowplay Static Hogwarts Bombarda Maxima  Priori Incantatem Atop Mount Greylock  Pleiades School of Magic Elysium Borrowed Wicked Relashio Infinite Arms Thank You Very Much (TYVM) Wit Beyond Measure Gods & Monsters Magical Mayhem Hogwarts Online School Wizarding Realm Tallygarunga - The Australian Potterverse