16 & 5th year
Undecided
she/her/hers
single
340 POINTS
Played by Logan

CATHRYN OVERY
user posted image

The following are great resources to read up about the patronus charm, and help you decide which patronus form your character will have!

CATHRYN AMELIA OVERY
~ Spring Patronus Seminar 2021 ~

WHY DO YOU WANT TO PARTICIPATE IN THE PATRONUS SEMINAR THIS YEAR? Over the past few years, I've had to overcome a lot of hardship. I was stricken with Virus A, came out of the Riddle Institute as a qualifier for the Tetramagike Tournament, and recently faced the marginalization when term started again at Ilvermorny. I've had to develop a lot of strength and personal confidence, and I believe that I am now in a place where I can dedicate myself to my magic and believe in my abilities. Although I don't expect to enter the Tetramagike Tournament and need to use the Patronus Charm during a task, I think this is an important step in becoming a witch. It seems like I've always had to play catch up, and by putting myself in an advanced seminar, I can attempt to level the playing field and prove to myself and others that I have what it takes. Seeing others succeed in this seminar experience may be discouraging at times if I am not producing the same results, but I think it will provide a unique classroom atmosphere where we can help each other, and perhaps be at the ready with chocolate if the dementors get the better of us. No, I'm not doing this for the chocolate, but it is a perk, I must say.

Challenge #2

user posted image
by the amazing reynolds woodcock of caution | ilvermorny female student oty award
PM
^
Cathryn Overy
 Posted: May 12 2018, 01:40 PM
Ilvermorny | Pukwudgie
{♥} ★ Magical
120 POSTS
16 & 5th year
Undecided
she/her/hers
single
340 POINTS
Played by Logan

4. Attempt (and fail) to produce a patronus. Reflect on why you believe the charm failed.

Caitlin had been diving head first into this patronus seminar. She still had yet to produce an actual, fully fledged patronus, but she was still determined. There had been numerous set backs throughout the past year, and failing to successfully cast a charm on the first couple of tries didn't phase her. One girl, Caitlin, who she had met at the first lesson of the seminar, and agreed to practice with her today. Hearing that this other girl also hadn't produced this charm before gave her a calming effect. Everyone seemed so talented. By no means did she also think, like Hermione Granger, that she was "the brightest witch of her age."

Cathryn waited in one of the empty classrooms to practice. She had already gotten her wand out and was giving a few swishes and flicks, trying to get herself in the correct mindset for producing such a difficult charm. Cathryn had her eyes closed, trying to picture her happy memories and let the feelings fill her up. She didn't mutter the incantation yet, but when she opened her eyes after taking a happy reprieve, she noticed her friend coming through the door. "Oh, hi Caitlin!"

tags: caitlin
©

@Caitlin Mattais

user posted image
by the amazing reynolds woodcock of caution | ilvermorny female student oty award
PM
^
Caitlin Mattais
 Posted: May 13 2018, 08:37 PM
Beauxbatons | Papillon
{♥} ★ Magical
339 POSTS
14 & 4th year
Prosect
She/Her
Taken by Louis Weasley
390 POINTS
Played by Zay

Caitlin was excited to be able to practice with Cathryn, an Ilvermorny student, for the Patronus Seminar. Cathryn was only a year older than Caitlin, but Caitlin knew that the patronus charm was a very difficult and challenging spell to master, at any age. There were adults, even, who weren't able to do it. But Caitlin just saw all that as a challenge. She was a perfectionist, and she would practice as much as she possibly had time for in the hopes of mastering the charm by the end of the year. Luckily there were still a few months left before the year's end.

"Hi Cathryn! Thanks so much for volunteering to work together! I feel like it'll be good to have another person to give feedback. You know, sometimes you don't realize you're doing something wrong, and it's helpful to have another opinion," Caitlin opined. "Plus, I don't really know any students from Ilvermorny, so it's really cool to get to know you!"

Pulling out her wand, Caitlin stepped forward. "So, how should we do this? Do we want to take turns?" she asked.

@Cathryn Overy

user posted image
ballerina || disney persona || friends! by kay || amazing set by .zilch@shadowplay! | sig code below by Blitzy

Avery
Jacquelyn
Lucy
Caitlin
Lara
Alice
Fenrir

user posted image
PM
^
Cathryn Overy
 Posted: May 16 2018, 08:39 AM
Ilvermorny | Pukwudgie
{♥} ★ Magical
120 POSTS
16 & 5th year
Undecided
she/her/hers
single
340 POINTS
Played by Logan

"Of course," responded Cathryn as Caitlin made her way further into the empty classroom. "With this spell being so difficult, hopefully some teamwork will get us a little closer to succeeding." Sure, each of them still needed to bear some of the difficulty, such as picturing their happy memory vividly and letting it fill them up, and there was also the practical task of defending a dementor on their own. But, baby steps. Cathryn gave her new friend a smile back as she spoke. "And same with me for Beauxbatons. Maybe I'll pick up some of your lovely accent," she joked.

The girl listened to Caitlin suggest how to get their practice session started. Cathryn nodded. "Yeah, taking turns should work," she replied. "I can go first." She raised her wand up from resting idle at her side. She looked at it, practicing the proper wand movement before starting with the spell itself. She practiced her swish. "Does the wand swish look right?"

©

@Caitlin Mattais

user posted image
PM
^
Caitlin Mattais
 Posted: May 20 2018, 02:07 PM
Beauxbatons | Papillon
{♥} ★ Magical
339 POSTS
14 & 4th year
Prosect
She/Her
Taken by Louis Weasley
390 POINTS
Played by Zay

"Aw, you're too sweet," Caitlin said with a smile, as Cathryn complimented her accent. To Caitlin, it didn't sound unusual at all, mostly because she was surrounded by French speakers or French accents speaking English all day long. But to her, Cathryn's accent sounded novel and interesting, so she could imagine it was the same for the American girl.

Caitlin sat back atop one of the empty desks in the room they were practicing in, watching Cathryn carefully as she practiced the wand movement. "Yes, that looks good to me!" she responded with a nod, swishing her own wand in imitation. "I have a feeling that the wand movement won't be the difficult part of this charm, though," she added with a little laugh. It was the intent behind the spell that seemed to be the most determinative factor. Caitlin was quite glad Cathryn was going first. If she failed, there was less pressure for Caitlin to perform this perfectly on the first try. Though if she succeeded, maybe, the pressure would on!

@Cathryn Overy

user posted image
ballerina || disney persona || friends! by kay || amazing set by .zilch@shadowplay! | sig code below by Blitzy

Avery
Jacquelyn
Lucy
Caitlin
Lara
Alice
Fenrir

user posted image
PM
^
Cathryn Overy
 Posted: May 20 2018, 02:19 PM
Ilvermorny | Pukwudgie
{♥} ★ Magical
120 POSTS
16 & 5th year
Undecided
she/her/hers
single
340 POINTS
Played by Logan

Cathryn smiled at the corners of her lips back at her newfound friend. No matter who you asked, French was an enchanting language and accent, unless you perhaps asked a French person themselves. But, she would have the same perspective on her own. Upstate New York wasn't distinctive or anything special, at least in her opinion. It was a vanilla flavored ice cream accent: classic but nothing to rave about in the face of more interesting flavors. The ice cream would have to wait until after the practice session, though. Perhaps they'd have something to celebrate after awhile.

She watched as Caitlin took a spot at the neighboring desk, giving Cathryn some room to work on the patronus charm. She listened to Caitlin discuss the first step. "I think you're absolutely right. There's no avoiding it, then," she replied. Cathryn took a deep breath in through the nose and let it out slowly. It was just like her happy memory filling her up. She let it linger for a moment: thinking about how she and Ferris would come running in from playing in the snow to find her mom making cinnamon rolls for breakfast. "Expecto Patronum!" she said, feeling a vibration in her wand, but only a few wisps from the tip. "Expecto Patronum!" she said again, still unable to produce anything more.

©

@Caitlin Mattais

user posted image
PM
^

Topic Options
Add Reply
New Poll

Affiliates [ View All | Link-us ]
RPG-Directory Top RP Sites The Beginning Shadowplay Static Hogwarts Bombarda Maxima  Priori Incantatem Atop Mount Greylock  Pleiades School of Magic Elysium Borrowed Wicked Relashio Gods & Monsters Magical Mayhem Hogwarts Online School Tallygarunga - The Australian Potterverse Break the Wheel: a Season 8 GOT AU Broken Bones & Dial Tones WELCOME TO RIVERDALE Riverdale Star Wars: The Saga Continues To be unmade What Lies Between Live and Let Die HALF BLOOD GEN. PERCY JACKSON RPG From the Ashes All Was Well 

SKIN BY HANNAH OF SHINE & CAUTION. CFS BY BLACK.