Hogwarts | Slytherin
{♥} ★ Magical
200 POSTS
17 & 7th Year
Undecided
he/him
450 POINTS
Played by Wren

Albus had promised to not go off investigating Henley's whereabouts. Sometimes keeping promises meant walking a fine line when you were a Potter and a Slytherin. Yes, Lysander had dated Henley and for some reason broken up with him before Albus had. Their families had been friends forever, Al could have talked to him in the fall when he'd seemed so sad, but Al had conflicting loyalties at the time. Then Lysander seemed to be dating Raiku who seemed hell-bent to catch Albus doing something wrong. Albus hadn't wanted to be any closer to Raiku than absolutely necessary so he'd stayed clear of Lysander then too.

Now Henley was gone and so was his half-brother, Raiku. When Albus saw Lysander in the halls, he quickly worked the angles of what he'd promised- to not investigate Henley's disappearance, he'd said nothing about asking after Raiku, or making sure Lysander was coping. "Lysander," he called ahead decisively. "Have you heard anything from Aguilar?" He would talk, listen, even comfort Lysander but not presumptuously. They needed to walk the proper path.

@lysander scamander
PM
^
Lysander Scamander
 Posted: Mar 28 2018, 10:17 PM
Hogwarts | Hufflepuff
{♥} ★ Magical
199 POSTS
16 & 5th Year
Indifferent
35 POINTS
Played by Kean

It'd been a hard road. Lysander dated Henley for a year and then they'd broke up. Then, he'd talked to Raiku and they became official-official on Valentines day. A few weeks later, Raiku had disappeared. He'd been in a panic, reached out to Hadley like he had before but got no response there either...but then he realized Caspian, Zayden, Lukas and the others werent in school either. It was nice to know his Boyfriend hadnt just got tired of him....but it didnt help the worry, it didnt answer any questions and it didnt help his heart feel any less crumpled into pieces.

Today was thankfully one of LYs better days. Classes were over and he was camped out on the floor in the hall was playing with three bowtruckles. One camped out in his hair that was often about and two friends! It was occupying his brain and thats what he needed! Yaaaay bowsetting!

His name. Everyone looked up when they heard their name. He wasnt expecting it to be who it was though. Al hadnt talked to Ly in a really long time. "Oh hai AL." He was definitely confused...he also wasnt fully sure how he felt. He'd kind of found out threw the grape vine that Al and Henley were dating. But still...the boys were missing..and like him...Al must be hurting. "No...I havent heard from any of them. Usually Hadley at least gets back to me...the other boys are gone too..."
PMEmail
^
Albus Potter
 Posted: Apr 2 2018, 12:12 AM
Hogwarts | Slytherin
{♥} ★ Magical
200 POSTS
17 & 7th Year
Undecided
he/him
450 POINTS
Played by Wren

Wait, what? It was more than just Raiku and Henley who were gone? Hadley too? Which other boys? "Did anyone with the Aurors office talk to you? I just... I know they are looking into it as a missing wizards case." Al sat down next to Lysander because the other boy looked like hell. They were likely bookends where that was concerned. Al felt like hell himself. Burying his nose in test prep might help him look like he was moving on, but the truth was that even though he and Henley had only kissed a couple of times and rarely saw each other, it was a big ego hit to be abandoned that way on top of all the after graduation plans that were just not going to happen any longer.

He did want to ask Lysander something even though it might prove once and for all to Albus that he truly belonged in the house of the snake. "I think they wanted to ask you what happened when you broke up last fall, like if there was any hint that trouble was brewing for everyone." Phrasing it that way, Al could claim to just be giving his school mate a little warning to think about how he wanted to answer. It didn't matter that Al was hoping Lysander would talk it all through so Albus would also know what had happened, if Henley did the same thing before. If this was ghosting it showed a high level of commitment to the disappear part.

@lysander scamander
PM
^
Lysander Scamander
 Posted: Apr 2 2018, 12:59 PM
Hogwarts | Hufflepuff
{♥} ★ Magical
199 POSTS
16 & 5th Year
Indifferent
35 POINTS
Played by Kean

"Nuh ah..." Was Lys weak response. "Did...did the Aurors talk to you?" Did Al know something he didnt? He just....he just wanted answers. Not knowing ws driving him absolutely crazy. Al taking a seat beside him, Ly offered him one of the Bowtruckles. IT helped to be distracted. Ly watched the other two argue with a ghost of smile before it quickly faded. "I want them both safe." And he didnt mean the bowtruckles.

At the comment of the break up, Ly went ridged, his spine tense as tears filled his eyes. IT took him a long time to come to grips with Henley just not giving a fuck and walking away...and never calling him. Not once. And then it only helped because Hadley told him to move on and he had Raiku to help him threw it. Now, now he questioned if he wasnt just played the whole time after. He didnt want to think that, but hw....how could he not? And now..now with how Al put things..it was bringing it all back. Lys chest made a hd heave s he sucked on a sharp breath and fought the urge to sob as he spoke.

"Maybe...I dont know." And he shrugged. "H-.......Henley had a drug problem. A bad one. I found out at a dance. His Ex boyfriend told me. Henley was so angry, but he fessed up after. I had no idea. Id never seen someone on drugs before. And Imet him while he was on them so there wasnt changes in him to notice either. After a while he started getting sick nd told me its cause he wqs getting off the drugs for me. Then..in February, his brother came to me.Zayden was in a panick and said I needed to go with him cause something was wrong with Henley. When I got to the house, Henley..he didnt look like he ws breathing to me. There was a needle in his hand and there was drugs on the night stand. I freaked out. When Henley woke up he yelled at me to chill the hell out, that I was over reacting then got mad when I pointed out the needle and drugs. I asked him to go get help with the drug problem...he ws so angry with me...then after that. I just...I never heard from him again not even threw other people. Not an angry word and not a 'he hopes you move on' nothing. I didnt even know if he up and over dosed some where until someone mentioned you were dating him....."
PMEmail
^
Albus Potter
 Posted: Apr 2 2018, 01:31 PM
Hogwarts | Slytherin
{♥} ★ Magical
200 POSTS
17 & 7th Year
Undecided
he/him
450 POINTS
Played by Wren

Albus bit his lip when it looked like Lysander might sob in reaction to his question. They were very different people, he and the Hufflepuff, and there was little chance of Albus actually shattering over any of this no matter the cause. He was thinking he'd have to try to be comforting or something but then Lysander started talking and off loaded a lot of information Albus had never known. He broke it down inside his own head quickly. Henley having a drug problem seemed far fetched at first, but then Albus thought about the glazed expressions he'd thought were just his housemate putting walls up around emotionally charged issues. Maybe it had been much more simple.

Henley had gotten clean 'for Lysander' which inner Albus made a sour face about even though he really shouldn't care in the least. He hadn't been dating Henley then. Why shouldn't Lysander have that little victory? It did seem a bit odd that Zayden would get Lysander if Henley was using drugs that involved a needle. Who did that? Al didn't have an especially high opinion of the family beyond Hadley and Henley. They all seemed to be working angles like Raiku had been with following Albus around the castle. And if Henley had been high again right before he'd broken up with Lysander it would look really bad for Albus's own judgement. Maybe Lysander's too. He could possibly work with that.

"Oh no, Lysander. You don't think everyone will wonder if you were doing drugs too? With Henley?' Was it slightly underhanded to suggest such a thing? Possibly but Al was walking a fine line and protecting himself probably protected Lysander too. "I mean if you do need help getting off drugs or something you should absolutely tell one of the Aurors. I just... When my dad asks me if I was covering up for Henley or just too stupid to see it... I don't know what I'm going to say. God I don't want to cool my heels at Riddle for detox I don't need." he ended with a sigh, grossly overstating the probability.

@Lysander Scamander
PM
^
Lysander Scamander
 Posted: Apr 2 2018, 02:00 PM
Hogwarts | Hufflepuff
{♥} ★ Magical
199 POSTS
16 & 5th Year
Indifferent
35 POINTS
Played by Kean

Ly didnt catch the tone, and he had no idea that Albus was trying to be a brat. Ly just kind of shrugged him as it all kind of went over his head. "No, MY friends know I wouldnt do something like that. Lori knows I wouldnt either. Henley...Henley didnt make a good choice with that but..it doesnt mean I made it with him. And he got clean for me...or said he did. I dont know if I believe it now. He could of gotten better and went back to them. Dug addicts do that ya know? But...maybe it makes more sense that he lied. Why he was still on them when I found him like that." He then nodded. "I dont think Henley needed to tell the Aurors." Missing that Albus meant Lysander himself on that one. "But he likely should of gone to riddle. I mean...I'd of gone with him...we could of figured it out." But he shrugged. There was no changing the past.

Glancing over at Albus, Ly put the bowtruckles uptop his own head then turned towards Albus. "Alby.." He moved to try and offer the other boy a comforting hug. "Do you want me to talk to your dad? I dont know if it would help but Id try for you Alby. Henleys mistakes arnt your mistakes. And its ok....that you loved someone that isnt perfect." IT felt weird to say that since said person ws his ex but...he still genuinely meant it. "No one is perfect Alby. Dads know that too. Moms more....but dads too."
PMEmail
^
Albus Potter
 Posted: Apr 2 2018, 02:29 PM
Hogwarts | Slytherin
{♥} ★ Magical
200 POSTS
17 & 7th Year
Undecided
he/him
450 POINTS
Played by Wren

Albus bit his lip and let Lysander hug him, bringing his own arms up to reflect the motion with much less contact since this wasn't the kind of thing anyone in Al's world did very easily. His family wasn't anti-touch by any means, but this was... really different than how they did things. He managed a couple awkward guy pats on Lysander's back before leaning away and offering his hand to the bowtruckle on his own shoulder. Hugging a cat while trying to herd it was not the most efficient strategy and he really just wanted to keep a little bit of space all the way around. Then he got a lot of feedback on what Lysander had taken Al's words to mean.

Merlin. How could you manipulate someone who was operating on a completely different wavelength? What the hell did Albus do now? Should he draw Lysander a map? Should he try to let it go? He was pretty sure that Aurors (or maybe Al's dad himself) were going to talk to Lysander at some point. He wasn't causing this to happen and everything the other boy had just said to Albus was probably what he'd say to them at the very first opportunity. "You don't have to do that for me, Lys. I was just trying to keep things clean for you. This is an open investigation for the Aurors. My dad's working it actually. They look into things like this, especially when a whole family is missing. They have to make sure it isn't foul play or worse." He stopped there, thinking smaller steps might be easier to contain.

@Lysander Scamander
PM
^
Lysander Scamander
 Posted: Apr 2 2018, 09:17 PM
Hogwarts | Hufflepuff
{♥} ★ Magical
199 POSTS
16 & 5th Year
Indifferent
35 POINTS
Played by Kean

Ly was definitely on a different wave length. He'd always been a tad, uh, unusual. He took no offense to the awkward pats. He thought Al ws just a little unusual too. But its ok! He figured Al meant well. "Keep things clean for me?" He didnt understand....but it started to make him worry. "D.do you mean...they're g-gonna think...I did something?" He'd never thought of that before. He wsnt a bad person so why would someone think he did something bad? "But Id never hurt Raiku or Henley. I couldnt I wouldnt." And Als dd was gonna do the investigation....that was either good or bd but starting to panic now it was a sinking feeling in his belly and sensing his nerves on the raise the bowtruckles scattered to the bag on his back. "Or worse...." Ly hadnt thought it might be some kind of family mascara or anything!!! "T-they cant b-b-be." He stammered just barely keeping himself together for the moment.
@Albus Potter
PMEmail
^
Albus Potter
 Posted: May 5 2018, 10:08 AM
Hogwarts | Slytherin
{♥} ★ Magical
200 POSTS
17 & 7th Year
Undecided
he/him
450 POINTS
Played by Wren

Albus smacked his hand over his forehead as he heard where Lysander thought all of this was going. Ugh! Badgers seemed to be exceptionally naive. "Lysander, hang on. No one is going to think you hurt Henley, Raiku, or anyone else. That's completely preposterous." Al was pretty sure Lysander felt bad for harming germs when he washed his hands. Albus wasn't wishing any ill upon his school mate, he just also didn't want any extra trouble for himself. The problem was that while Ly's first announcement about Henley using drugs would be bad, anything he would say to try to make it less bad was going to make everything so much worse.

Also he was freaking out about what the Aurors were investigating. "They're not, Lysander. There's no sign of foul play. That's what I was told. Worse would be if the family was involved in doing something bad. There's no sign that any of them died. I promise." Damn it, he needed Lysander to catch up. "It's just if they don't have any leads to follow to find any of them, they are going to investigate everything else that comes up when they talk to people who knew Raiku and Henley and everyone. I'm asking you to not get them confused with a drug issue that totally wouldn't have anything to do with finding the people we care about." He might have to write out a list for Lysander of what not to say.

@Lysander Scamander
PM
^
Lysander Scamander
 Posted: May 24 2018, 09:34 PM
Hogwarts | Hufflepuff
{♥} ★ Magical
199 POSTS
16 & 5th Year
Indifferent
35 POINTS
Played by Kean

"O, oh ok...w-well thats good." It was actually REALLY good, cause it'd only hurt his heart more if someone thought he'd done bad things to Henley o Raiku. "So, what do you mean Alby?" If he was missing the point he wanted to know it. Ly was book smart, he wasnt always people smart, (Though he had good intuition) and he was less so when they wanted him to catch on to things.

No foul play. It was nice to hear..that someone hadnt gone out of their way to...do bad things to people he cared about. IT didnt however, ease the pain in his chest. That raw ache that just didnt seem to be going away.

A Promise. Alby promised, and he trusted Alby enough not to lie to him about something this important. With Albus continuing n though, LYs brows drew together. "We dont know Alby maybe it does..." He shrugged. a Whole family disappeared. Come to think of it TWO families disappeared. Could be unrelated. Might not be with the other family being all werewolves but...truth was they didnt know WHAT made the Rhodes/Aguilair family vanish. It could be drug related.

Quiet a moment to think, tnot think and process and then he peeked over at Albus. "What do you want me to say Alby..?"

@Albus Potter
PMEmail
^
Albus Potter
 Posted: Jun 18 2018, 11:22 PM
Hogwarts | Slytherin
{♥} ★ Magical
200 POSTS
17 & 7th Year
Undecided
he/him
450 POINTS
Played by Wren

Al was giving up on any angles at all. He was going to need to be straight forward with Lysander, even if that was out of his comfort zone. Al liked to have a little plausible deniability but how could he succeed with that if his peer didn't know how to cover his own ass when talking with Aurors? "Definitely don't say that we discussed this. If you think the drug problem is important, I guess you have to tell whoever talks to you. Oh man, my dad is going to have a hippogriff when he finds out I dated someone with a drug problem." Al let that sink in for a moment before adding, "And he will definitely tell your parents too. They're old people friends and snitch on their kids like that. We are so thoroughly screwed."

Al leaned against Ly in defeat. He would have worked some up for dramatic effect, but as the moment came no acting was needed. Al felt like it was a foregone conclusion that the Aurors, and by extension his dad, were going to know and that no one would ever trust either Al or Lysander again since they had each been completely fooled.

@Lysander Scamander
PM
^
Lysander Scamander
 Posted: Jun 19 2018, 10:35 AM
Hogwarts | Hufflepuff
{♥} ★ Magical
199 POSTS
16 & 5th Year
Indifferent
35 POINTS
Played by Kean

"Why would your dad be mad you dated someone that did drugs? You didnt d any did you Alby? Did he have you try some so you're scared?" That he understood. The son of Harry Potter into hard core drugs wouldnt go over well. Harry woud be mad but he also knew something like that could end up in the paper. "My Mom wouldnt be mad cause I dont do drugs, and Id tell my mom that and she'd believe me." His eyebrows drew together. She woud believe him because he and his mom talked about everything. They were really close and Ly wasnt the kid to lie to his parents. He had a great relationship with them...but maybe Albus and his dad didnt. "Alby. I dont want to get you in trouble with you dad. I'll try not to I promise. But Alby...you being in a little bit of trouble is less important then figuring out what happened to Henley and Raikou. We cant be selfish Alby. Not when something bad could have happened to them."

@Albus Potter
PMEmail
^
Albus Potter
 Posted: Jul 9 2018, 04:07 PM
Hogwarts | Slytherin
{♥} ★ Magical
200 POSTS
17 & 7th Year
Undecided
he/him
450 POINTS
Played by Wren

The flop went out of Albus when Lysander commiserated with what he thought would be the problem between Albus and Harry. Getting in a little bit of trouble wasn't the issue, it was the doubt this whole thing would create about Albus's awareness and good judgement. It was a quick way to get Al's back up, actually. and he sat back up and looked at Lysander, trying to hold in his own frustration, rage, and loss. "Tell them everything, Ly. See if I care. Raikou and Henley fucked off. That's what happened. You know what didn't happen? Henley didn't shoot up when you guys broke up. I saw him the next weekend when he was sad and pissed off, but he was not fighting an addiction and he damn well wasn't high. I didn't know about the drugs, he never told me. He quit for you but he kept it a secret from me. So congrats, what you lost must have really meant something."

Al knew he was being mean, but he was also telling Lysander the truth. He had no idea what his friend had actually seen but Al did know what he had seen in the Potions Professor and it hadn't been any of the signs of a drug issue. If Lysander could get things all wrong about Albus and Harry, he could probably misread what was going on with Henley too. He could have stormed off dramatically but he wanted to yell about this and yelling with Lysander seemed as good a release as any.

@Lysander Scamander
PM
^

Topic Options
Add Reply
New Poll

Affiliates [ View All | Link-us ]
RPG-Directory Top RP Sites The Beginning Shadowplay Static Hogwarts Bombarda Maxima  Priori Incantatem Atop Mount Greylock  Pleiades School of Magic Elysium Borrowed Wicked Relashio Gods & Monsters Magical Mayhem Hogwarts Online School Tallygarunga - The Australian Potterverse Break the Wheel: a Season 8 GOT AU Broken Bones & Dial Tones WELCOME TO RIVERDALE Riverdale Star Wars: The Saga Continues To be unmade What Lies Between Live and Let Die HALF BLOOD GEN. PERCY JACKSON RPG From the Ashes All Was Well 

SKIN BY HANNAH OF SHINE & CAUTION. CFS BY BLACK.