Welcome to the Treehouse! We are a post-potter sandbox rpg that spans the entire magical world, but focuses on four of the major magic schools from Harry Potter canon: Beauxbatons, Hogwarts, Durmstrang, and Ilvermorny. Now, two decades after the Second Wizarding War, the muggle and magical worlds are on the brink of becoming one. Will this spark a third war, or will the peaceful climate be maintained? Join us to find out! The current year is 2020.
The Treehouse Spotlight!
THE TREEHOUSE SPOTLIGHT FOR JANUARY IS LYSANDER SCAMANDER! Although Lysander is a twin, he does enough to stand out on his own and earn the Treehouse Spotlight. Mr. Scamander is eccentric, loyal, a Hufflepuff to the core. Although anyone could be jealous of his good looks and killer hair, he is currently navigating his romantic life recently with Raikou. This had been eventful year for him with Virus A, so we only hope that he finds his grounding and success in 2021. Congrats to both Lysander and his writer, Kean!

Latest Shouts In The Shoutbox -- View The Shoutbox · Rules   

Pages: (2) 1 2  ( Go to first unread post )
Add Reply
New Poll

Fireflies Challenge #7, Tag: Dastan
Harmony Kakoa
 Posted: Dec 28 2017, 08:43 PM
{♥} & Witch
36 posts
55 points
Ilvermorny | Horned Serpent
I'm with the Undecided
Wren
15 & 5th year
Focused | Crafty | Faithful
❝"I meant to do that"❞

Challenge #7 get caught breaking curfew

Harmony had taken the blanket from her bed and slipped out of the castle once everything was quiet. Yes, it was after curfew but Harm couldn't sleep so why not take in the night sky and creatures of the woodlands? She respected rules... As long as they made sense. Laying on the grass in the dark hurt nothing. She did not mind bending the dumb 'lay in your bed and be bored' rule.

She had her wand and a romance novel in case the creatures and stars were not overly engrossing. So far the night was holding her enthralled.

@Dastan Roshan
PM
^
Dastan Roshan
 Posted: Dec 28 2017, 09:32 PM
{♥} & Witch
31 posts
0 points
Ilvermorny | Staff
I'm with the Coalescion
Kean
Compassionate l, Adventurous, l Clumsy, l Insecure
Transfig | Pukwudgie HoH
❝courage is not the absence of fear, it is acting in spite of it.❞

Usually, Dastan slept at his own house, but with it closing in on January and living on the lake....eeeh it got to feeling a litte lonely out thee on dark fridged nights. So until March, Dastan was staying at the school. It also meant, he had his furry best friend in toe he'd got approved to spend the next few months with him. It was why, in fact, he was out here. Dastan was a nature man. Yes....he was working on a smal fun lesson for first and second years. Turning a few snowballs in a snow FORT was gonna be fun and he'd let them have their snow wars. Then thy could make water and branches into a small steam room for after. Learning could be fun...and benneficial. But out sideo f that, tonight was getting out to some fresh air and letting Journey go for a walk.

Journey....did not believe in 'walking' He was a frree spirit and was currently doing excitable little zoomies and occasionally catching thrown snowballs from Dastan.....but it was the happy go lucky pooch that found Harmoney. A lover of people he'd waddled on up to her and flopped on his back with little wiggles already demanding a belly rub with tongue at full lawl.

Dastan, looking for said pooch and following his tracks came upon...a student. And one that was old enough to know better. "Harmoney?"
PM
^
Harmony Kakoa
 Posted: Dec 28 2017, 09:45 PM
{♥} & Witch
36 posts
55 points
I'm with the Undecided
Wren
15 & 5th year
❝"I meant to do that"❞

"You are such a love!" Harm greeted the joyful dog and happily scratched his tummy that Journey was exposing, wiggling and generally begging her to pet. "Who's a good boy? You are! Yes you are yes you are!" It wasn't a good idea to ask about good boys and not assure the poor pup that it was them.

"It's me, Professor. I couldn't sleep, needed to see the sky. Did this sweet guy wake you up or are you having the same problem I am?" Stupid rules were not really rule rules after all. She wasn't really worried about being in trouble because the curfew was a really really dumb rule.

@Dastan Roshan
PM
^
Dastan Roshan
 Posted: Dec 29 2017, 09:58 PM
{♥} & Witch
31 posts
0 points
Ilvermorny | Staff
I'm with the Coalescion
Kean
Transfig | Pukwudgie HoH

He WAS a good boy! A greedy one too. Journey was a wiggling mess at all the attention and was one of those solid dogs that thought they were tiny lap pooches. Once the attention wasnt on and on his owner Journey was trying to place a fluffy butt in Harmoneys lap.

Dastan snorted first at his pup who was incourageable and then at the teen who he was assuming, at seeing a teacher after hours and was suuuper comphy might be equally so. "Journey needed some play time and I'm working on a class assignment for tomorrow." His tone matter of fact. Luckily for the rebelling teen, she wasnt out here causing trrouble. He'd still have to scold her and give her detention of course...protocal and all but- "Harmoney...you do know I have to write you up dont you?" He moved to ruffel Journeys ears. "You know...the whole curfew thing and you being out past it thing." He half mused.
PM
^
Harmony Kakoa
 Posted: Dec 30 2017, 12:24 AM
{♥} & Witch
36 posts
55 points
I'm with the Undecided
Wren
15 & 5th year
❝"I meant to do that"❞

Really?! Why was this such a big deal? "Professor, I did make curfew. I just came out after... Or before. I'm just really early for quidditch practice. Can't you both just... not notice me? If I read in my dorm the light will bother the others. Out here I'm not waking anyone else." She gave him her best hopeful smile because she really did just want some quiet time away from the rest of her class and house. She didn't necessarily want to lose points for her house or have detention, but if those things were already going to happen, if she was paying the bill, couldn't she enjoy the luau?

@Dastan Roshan
PM
^
Dastan Roshan
 Posted: Dec 30 2017, 10:32 AM
{♥} & Witch
31 posts
0 points
Ilvermorny | Staff
I'm with the Coalescion
Kean
Transfig | Pukwudgie HoH

"f I cant just 'not notice' you, you'll just be out here again....you might anyway but at least with consequences you might give it a little more thought. Some kind of hesitation." He arched his brow at her for the full list of excuses. He wasnt exactly a hard as nails teacher, but he did still believe in lessons, learning something....even if it was self awareness and not something written on a lesson plan. "Harmony, you're a horned serpent so you're a smart girl. Lets just go to basic fundamentals. Lets forget this is something you just want to do. Lets look at it as something that is either right, or wrong. Put emotion and want aside. You know this is something you should /not/ be doing right now. If someone does something they know, they are not supposed to be doing, its considered what?"
PM
^
Harmony Kakoa
 Posted: Dec 30 2017, 04:56 PM
{♥} & Witch
36 posts
55 points
I'm with the Undecided
Wren
15 & 5th year
❝"I meant to do that"❞

Harmony managed to not sigh at the morality lesson. "This is based on an artificial construct of right and wrong, not a universal code, therefore deviation from accepted actions are met with social pressure and dominance to reassert the established power structure." Was she being a brat about this? Yeah. She knew she should stop.

"I'm not saying you should let me off, just can't I stay out here if I'm going to have detention anyway?"

@Dastan Roshan
PM
^
Dastan Roshan
 Posted: Dec 30 2017, 06:14 PM
{♥} & Witch
31 posts
0 points
Ilvermorny | Staff
I'm with the Coalescion
Kean
Transfig | Pukwudgie HoH

The truth was, Dastan was hoping for Harmony to show any sign of knowing she'd dun fucked up. To take some kind of responsibility over her choices. He'd of sat out here a few with her to keep an eye on her as she finished her book. He'd of still given her detention but Harmony would of gotten a bit of her way. Instead, she accepted nothing and in her own way was very much expecting to get her way, or seemed at the very least to fight him to get it. No, he couldnt give her what she wanted. At the same time, she would be out here again no doubt and it was unwise for children to be on the grounds at night and certainly unsupervised. He couldnt give her what she wanted...but if he pushed her too hard he couldnt try and keep her safe either. "Hashtag-Sorry not sorry Harm...but the grounds are off limits." He made a hand gesture to Journey that had the pup come to heel. "We'll talk about what your detention will be. For now....you'll have to follow me." He gave her a small smile. "I wanna show you something."
PM
^
Harmony Kakoa
 Posted: Dec 30 2017, 11:05 PM
{♥} & Witch
36 posts
55 points
I'm with the Undecided
Wren
15 & 5th year
❝"I meant to do that"❞

Hashtag sorry not sorry. That didn't sound great. If she pushed this guy he might break out a public service announcement about fried eggs being brains or something even lamer. Being a teenager she wasn't seeing any of the slack her teacher had been offering her. But she also wasn't completely committed to a lost cause. "Where are we going?" She was complying at least even if she was still trying to maintain some control of the outcome.

@Dastan Roshan
PM
^
Dastan Roshan
 Posted: Dec 31 2017, 11:54 PM
{♥} & Witch
31 posts
0 points
Ilvermorny | Staff
I'm with the Coalescion
Kean
Transfig | Pukwudgie HoH

"Some place you might like." He left it vague on purpose. He really did need to get the teen out of the cold and out of potential danger.Also would he give a lame public service announcement? Probably. He WAS a boy scout back in the day.

"Careful your face might freeze that way." He mused as he lead them back to the castle. Journey bouncing along and zig zagging between them more like a happy cat then a pup. "Where was it.." The last part being more to himself then anything else.

It was some time later, and they were both in the castle now and heading towards James tower. He'd been a teen once too, and everyone at least once was out after curfew. It was kind of a rightof passage. (Even for the boy scout) If Harmony was going to be stuborn and be upand out after curfew he wanted to at least give her a safe and sheltered place to do that. Sure t as less adventurous then the grounds, but maye it'd be enough for her to humor him, at least maybe threw the winter.
"This way." Taking his wand out, Dastan lit the hall way and searched for the stones, recited a spell then pushed a few choice stones in until a small door way appeared. There were hidden places everywhere but students seldom found them all. "Come on. LEts show you inside."

It was a fairly small space. No bigger then a modest sized living room. There was one large bay window with a bench and some throw pillows and blankets, a tiny fire place, some floating candles for added lighting, a carpet on the floor, a small shelf with a few books and wizading board games, a hammock and that was really all. "I personally call this a meditation room. Teachers and students both get stressed and it just kind of gives the purpose of Zen. I know its not what your looking for, and I'm not condoning you being out after curfew. But I'd appreciate it that if you feel the need to go wandering after hours for some personal space that you come here and not out in the cold by yourself."
PM
^
Harmony Kakoa
 Posted: Jan 1 2018, 04:30 PM
{♥} & Witch
36 posts
55 points
I'm with the Undecided
Wren
15 & 5th year
❝"I meant to do that"❞

Wait! He was showing her a place she could hide out and read or whatever? It lacked the wind and how it felt like the moving of water in the sea back home, but it was new and she could read here. There were even books. She realized she was gaping and he'd finished talking. She threw herself unexpectedly to hug him in unreserved gratitude. "Thank you so much! This is the best gift ever! It's like Komohoalii supplying his siater Pele with a canoe to escape the wrath of Namakaokahai and form the islands of Hawaii. Though I haven't ever seduced my sister's husband. Possibly because I don't have a sister so I don't know if I would be hopelessly drawn to the same person she was. Do you have brothers or sisters, Professor? I sometimes wonder if I'm missing out as an only child."

Was she motormouthing again? She didn't mean to be. She just wasn't exactly used to boundaries. She toed the line at home when her mother was on shore leave. That was because her dad asked her to and because her mother was home for such short durations that Harm would just be on her company behavior and go wild once her mom shipped out.

@Dastan Roshan
PM
^
Dastan Roshan
 Posted: Jan 4 2018, 01:54 PM
{♥} & Witch
31 posts
0 points
Ilvermorny | Staff
I'm with the Coalescion
Kean
Transfig | Pukwudgie HoH

Whiplash. Absolute whiplash. The stubborn mostly uncooperative teen that seemed to want nothing to do with him was now wrapped around him in a very positive and happy attitude. Dastan stood there a moment with his arms out not touching her at all and glancing around like he was suddenly on some hidden camera tv show. She caught him off guard. Moments late though he did return the hug and then took a step back. "Lets think you wouldnt seduce your non existent sisters husband." He shook his head at her next question. "Nope, I'm an only child too though dad wants to adopt."

Canting his head Dastan smirked. "I'll leave you here to finish up your reading. We'll talk about your detention tomorrow after class."
PM
^
Harmony Kakoa
 Posted: Jan 9 2018, 10:34 PM
{♥} & Witch
36 posts
55 points
I'm with the Undecided
Wren
15 & 5th year
❝"I meant to do that"❞

"Wait!" harmony said as Professor Roshan said he was leaving. She was confused about the entire chain of events. First she was in trouble for breaking a dumb rule and he seemed pretty invested in getting her back inside the school. Was there something outside she wasn't supposed to know about? She needed a little more information. so why not go fishing a little "it's okay for me to read if I do it inside?" Perhaps he'd tell her more than he meant to.

@Dastan Roshan
PM
^
Dastan Roshan
 Posted: Jan 9 2018, 11:58 PM
{♥} & Witch
31 posts
0 points
Ilvermorny | Staff
I'm with the Coalescion
Kean
Transfig | Pukwudgie HoH

"It's always ok for you to read Harmony. The issue is that you're out of your room past curfew. The bigger issue was being outside after curfew. I'm still going to have to give you detention for being out of your room." But he explained. "I can give you all the detention in the world, but if you're going to rebel I'd rather you do it safely." He motioned the room. "I rather you be inside and safe while rebelling then outside and alone where many, many things could go wrong and no one would know about it. I want you safe. That is my priority."

@Harmony Kakoa
PM
^
Harmony Kakoa
 Posted: Jan 10 2018, 07:06 AM
{♥} & Witch
36 posts
55 points
I'm with the Undecided
Wren
15 & 5th year
❝"I meant to do that"❞

Oh come on! "You don't seem old enough to be scared of everything. What happens to adults that they get afraid the dark or the grass or waves... fruit flies. Our whole childhood you try to teach us to be bold and fearless but then we go to school and now we're supposed to be afraid again. I'm not going to meet some Haole and start a meth lab in the forest." It was nice to have a place to read but it wasn't as awesome now that it seemed to fall in the category of 'safe rebellion.' What was that even supposed to be? Wearing white after Labor day? Ooooo.

Ever since she'd received her first wand, Harmony had felt as if there was something she was destined to do. And in history class as the studied watered down versions of the last wizard war, it was clear that Granger, Potter, and Weasley broke every rule they ever met. How was anyone else supposed to help their people if they were chained down by rules from the new empire?

@Dastan Roshan
PM
^

Topic Options
Pages: (2) 1 2 
Add Reply
Fast Reply
New Poll

Affiliates [ View All | Link-us ]
RPG-Directory Top RP Sites The Beginning Shadowplay Static Hogwarts Bombarda Maxima  Priori Incantatem Atop Mount Greylock  Pleiades School of Magic Elysium Borrowed Wicked Relashio Infinite Arms Thank You Very Much (TYVM) Wit Beyond Measure Gods & Monsters Magical Mayhem Hogwarts Online School Wizarding Realm Tallygarunga - The Australian Potterverse