Welcome to the Treehouse! We are a post-potter sandbox rpg that spans the entire magical world, but focuses on four of the major magic schools from Harry Potter canon: Beauxbatons, Hogwarts, Durmstrang, and Ilvermorny. Now, two decades after the Second Wizarding War, the muggle and magical worlds are on the brink of becoming one. Will this spark a third war, or will the peaceful climate be maintained? Join us to find out! The current year is 2021.
FRED WEASLEY II
|Treehouse||Help Search Members Calendar Shop Affiliates The Treehouse Tag Box|
|Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )||Resend Validation Email|
Posted: Sep 28 2014, 10:31 PM
Animagus ★ Magical
Played by Zay
Rules and Information
Welcome to The Treehouse! Before you get started, here are the rules. There's no secret word or anything, just please read these so you understand our policies and how things work around here.
A Bit Of Background The Treehouse is a Post-Potter Sandbox RPG that spans the entire magical and muggle worlds. This forum focuses on four of the main magical schools from Harry Potter canon: Beauxbatons, Hogwarts, Durmstrang, and Ilvermorny. However, characters from other areas are welcome! Treehouse was founded in the Summer of 2013 as a private sandbox RPG, but it has opened up to everyone to allow for more activity and potential for creativity. We're so happy you've joined us!
Registration & Claims
Feel free to reference our New Member Checklist
1. Please read the Rules & Info, Site Plot & Timeline, and all topics in the "Info & Rules" forum before signing up.
Character Limits & Activity
1. Activity checks will be held site-wide approximately once every school term (that's about once every three real-time months). Activity checks will remain open for two weeks. Inactive characters will be sorted as such, and respective character applications will be moved into the Graveyard. If you are sorted as Inactive, but wish to return at a later date, simply PM one of the Admin and we will move your application back and resort you. If you are sorted as Inactive, your face claim and all other claims will be removed after one month of inactivity. You are always welcome to come back, but your claims (face, jobs, canons) will be opened up again if you have been inactive for over a month.
2. There are two exceptions to the procedure for deleting claims above: 1) canon characters; and 2) characters taken from wanted ads.
Because canon characters are so central to plots and connections on Treehouse, the rules are slightly different. If a canon character fails to post in the Activity Check, that canon is immediately forfeited and the claims are deleted upon completion of the Activity Check. Further, the Admin team reserves the right to revoke your canon claim if we feel it is being abused (i.e., instead of making a real effort to be active and contribute to canon plots, a writer only posts with their canon once every Activity Check to keep ahold of the claim). The point of this rule is simply to encourage active writers to take canons and to keep them active. If you genuinely try to keep your canon active, there should be no issues. :)
Wanted Ad Characters:
Characters taken from a wanted ad created by another member must also post in every Activity Check, or risk forfeiting the wanted character. The purpose behind this rule is so that members have a fair shot at getting active writers for their wanted ads. There is nothing worse than having an inactive writer take a dearly wanted character and then hardly post with him/her. It puts the requesting member in a tough situation when someone else expresses interest in the wanted, and the wanted character has gone inactive. All wanted characters who fail to post in an Activity Check will have their character sorted to "Inactive," their claims deleted, and the requesting member will be free to re-open the ad. If you come back to Treehouse and the ad is still open, you are free to contact the requesting member to take up the character again. :)
3. Aside from posting in activity checks, there is no activity requirement. Real life comes first, and at Treehouse we encourage you to be as active as your free time allows. Please do not nag other members or get down on them for not posting back as quickly as you might like. A polite PM reminder is fine, but remember this is a fun outlet for members to post at their own pace.
4. There is no word requirement for posts, but as an Intermediate RPG, we encourage members to post at least 200 words per post if possible. Group threads or rapid-fire threads are not necessarily subject to this guideline. You are of course welcome to post more than 200 words, this is just a good baseline.
5. There is no limit on the number of characters members may have on this site, subject to the following rules:
- First character at each of the four magic schools (student or staff ) = FREE
- Each additional character = 25 posts on all current characters
Example: First character is a Hogwarts student (FREE). Second character is another Hogwarts student (requires 25 posts on the first student). Third character is a Beauxbatons professor (FREE). Fourth character is an Adult (requires 25 posts on characters 1-3). Etc. The exception is, if you have a student character at a school who ages out and graduates, such that you don't have any characters at that school anymore. Then you can make another free one. :) Any questions, please ask an admin.
Student Aging & Move-Ups
1. You may create a student character at any age/school year. Keep in mind that we are aiming for diversity (i.e., not all Hogwarts students should be 6th years). All four magic schools require 7 years of study.
2. Students have the option to move up to the next year in school in June of each year. Move-ups are completely optional. If you do not want your character to age a full year in one school term, you may keep him/her back. If you want to opt your character out, please just PM one of the admin, and they will make sure to exclude your character from the move up process. The exception to this is canon students, see below.
3. Canon Aging: Effective January 2020
In order to keep major canon characters in line with one another with age-ups, every student canon will be REQUIRED to age up once every RL-year, after the Spring Term (this year that will be June 30th). You will not be able to age your student canon at a faster or slower pace than this. ALL canons in families listed below, including students canons without writers on the canon list, will age at this pace. This applies to the following canon families:
As for canon ADULTS, they will be required to age once per year, on each character's stated birthday. The age of your adult character can be edited through your "Control Panel."
4. Adults are not subject to the same year-per-term aging (mainly because they would all get old very quickly!). You are free to age your adults at any pace you choose, just make sure to keep your character's age updated in his/her mini profile and in your plotter. Children under age 11 are also not subject to student aging guidelines, though you may choose to age them at that rate if you wish. Popular choices for aging characters are annually, or bi annually. Please note that the aging for canon adults must occur yearly, on his/her stated birthday.
Language 2: Swearing is generally permitted. However, the language cannot be used to severely abuse.
Sexual Content 2: Sexual content is permitted. References and writing about genitalia and sex acts are permitted, but explicit detail is not. Fade to black, or mature tagging are required.
Violence 2: Graphic violence is permitted. Explicit description or in-game narration violence is allowed.
Please avoid: Full frontal nudity, graphic sex scenes, graphic violence (like detailed torture scenes or body mutilation), intense imagery (like surgery), full depictions of hard drug use (ex- Cocaine, Heroine, LSD).
If you have mature content in a post that fits the 2-2-2 guidelines, but that you'd like to warn younger members about, please put [M] in the topic title. Anything sexual, involving drugs or more than moderately violent needs an [M] tag.
Cbox and Tag Box
CBOX - this is where a lot of the site members get together to chat. Feel free to register your own username with Chatango, and post your name HERE so we know who is who! :)
Tag Box - the tag box is encouraged, but not required. It is the box at the top of the page. You don't have to register; when you post in it, it will automatically post with your account name. You "tag" people when you reply to their thread, so they can look at the tag box and know when they have a reply! The format to tag is: "@other player w/ your player".
Member Behavior and Conduct
1. Please respect other members at all times. This includes OOC and in the cbox. If you have a concern, question, or issue, please contact an admin and we will help you!
2. Please do not advertise other sites in the cbox. This is common courtesy.
3. Please be welcoming to all new members! We are a community here, and we can't wait to see the site grow. If you have any ideas or want to help, just PM an admin!